The Benefits of Life Coaching
Life coaching is based on a positive relationship of trust between yourself and your coach. It is made up of purposeful conversation that inspires you to taking the positive steps necessary in order to move from where you are - to where you want to be in life. It encourages movement outside of your comfort zone; out of the 'rut' that we sometimes find ourselves in, in life and into a new attitude of self belief and determination.
A Life Coach is not a psychotherapist or a psychologist. Life coaches focus on the present in order to help you identify your core values; find beliefs that may be limiting you in life and set goals for the future. They will hold you accountable for carrying out the changes you have planned and will provide encouragement and support through all the challenges that you may face.
A good Life Coach will tell you the truth, but you will be the one making discoveries!
People hire Life Coaches for many different reasons but the main ones are;
- To break out of a rut that they feel they have fallen into in life.
- They want to grow into a deeper understanding of who they are and what they really want in life.
- They want to find more peace and happiness.
- They are looking for well being and balance.
Life coaching helps in all of these processes by;
- Providing a range of techniques to help you find what your true, core values are, in order for you to bring your life into alignment with them.
-Giving a structure of support; when left to our own devises it is easy to lose sight of our intended goals. Life Coaching keeps you focused.
-Offering an objective view point on life. It is very easy to get so caught up in a situation at work or home that answers are hard to see.
- Using a variety of tools and techniques to help you overcome difficulties and see your own potential more clearly.
In a gym a person may have a Personal Trainer to hold them accountable and make them push harder to achieve their fitness goals; they still know who has to do the work to get fit! The same is true of working with a Life Coach it is still down to you to put in the work, you are the only one who is responsible for your life. As a client you will make your own decisions about what goals you want to set and you will decide on and follow your action plan with support and encouragement all the way.
" If you want to be the author of your life story you have to be the one holding the pen!"
A Life Coach may challenge your ideas to make you think about things from another angle but ultimately what you decide to do is up to you.